- Gary Passon
- Peggy Kurpinski
- Jim Scholz
- Craig Machiela
- Dave Siebert
won the $150 gift certificate from Shipwreck Explorers
- Bob Lijewski won the $25 Gift Certificate from Adventures in Diving
- Michael Petchauer won the $20 certificate from All Seasons
- Chris Sztukowski won the single tank dive charter from
- Rich Garrett won
a $20 certificatd for Shipwreck Explorers
- Jim will compile the list of raffle participants and send the list to the sponsors. A thank you was extended to all
- Get local shop to offer the class this spring
- SWMUP offering and coordinating field work on "Mac's Wreck"
- "Mac's Wreck" is at 72'
- Depth well within sport diver limits
minute bottom times common
- Jim to send out an email letter to local shops asking them to offer the class
Communication and collaboration:
- Crystal to work on and maintain the website
- Need a place where files can be shared
- Space to share drawing work for "Mac's Wreck"
- Space to share documents for other projects
- Peggy announced that if there was a willing individual, she would step down as president
- Jim expressed interest and received support from other
board members present
- Gary made
motion to elect Jim as the new president and Craig seconded the motion
- Motion to make Jim the new president passed by a voice vote of those present and those who
had given Peggy their proxy for this matter
- Renew the
relationship with the Michigan Maritime Museum and possibly using them as a host site for mail and meetings
- Jim will look into this and talk to the Museum.
- Gary is going to look into
updating the membership roster. The membership dues would be a help to the treasury.
- The preserve had a tabletop background display donated to us by PSI. We will
be sending a letter of thanks and a receipt for the donation.
- Gary provided an inventory of buoy materials:
- 2 screw in anchors
- 2 cleaned engine blocks
- ~ 600’ of ¾ line
- 4 surface floats
- Jim will contact Bob Jensen about coordinating a trip
on the “Elsie J” to set buoys on the “Havana” and any other wrecks Bob will take us to.
- Gary will set up a Buoy training class for out next meeting, and will communicate the date